LaundryCleaning

Preventing Navy Blue Pants From Fading

What ca I use to keep the dark blue color in my work pants from fading? I like to have my pants starched at the cleaner's. So is there anything I can do before sending them to the cleaner's that would help them stay dark navy blue longer. Please help.

By Charles E Brown from Memphis,TN

Soaking dark clothes in water with either salt or vinegar helps to "set" the color and prevent fading.

I usually throw things in the machine with a cup of either, and run through a cycle.

I use both salt and vinegar on all my clothes before wearing. This not only "sets" the color in, it helps whites to stay white. I learned this about 40 years ago from a lingerie dealer. She had parties in homes. (More tasteful than todays lingerie!)

Anonymous

Besides the salt and vinegar to originally set the color it also helps to always wash the item inside out. Less wear and tear due to friction during the wash and spin cycle because it will be the inside fabric getting the beating ;-)

Dry them inside out and NEVER in the sun!