Line Compost Bucket with Newspaper

I have started a compost pile. Since it is far from the house, I have an ice cream bucket that I use for my daily scraps. To keep it from getting so messy when I empty it, I line it with newspapers or paper ads from the mail. The paper absorbs the liquids and everything comes out of the bucket when it is emptied.

By Dawn E. Jakic from Woodstock, IL

This seems like such a good idea. I'm going to try it immediately. Nothing is messier than kitchen compost that won't come out of the pail! Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous

I have raised beds. I coffee can compost and dump it right on the show in my beds. Spring work it all in.

I like this idea and want to add to it. I keep a coffee can with its plastic top in the kitchen and dump egg shells, coffee grounds, the peelings from carrots, celery, potatoes and bananas in it.

When it's full, I empty it in the compost bin.

I grind up my compost with a blender I bought at a garage sale then put it directly on my outdoor plants. Works like a charm...

Home and Garden Gardening CompostingJanuary 11, 2011
💘
🍀