StainsCleaning

Red Cream Soda on Dry Clean Only Wool Coat

Category Stains

Four cans of red cream soda exploded on my brand new camel colored wool coat. I took it to the dry cleaners the following morning and it was returned with red stains all over. I hate to throw it away and I will try anything.

Susan from Minnesota

The red in the soda is a dye, you can only remove the dye by using a dye remover. I would look into using a red stain remover that is sold at professional carpet supply houses you may find some for sale online a excellent brand to look into is CTI-ProsChoice at www.proschoice.com you can find a distributor in your area who will sell to a homeowner or contact your carpet cleaning professional for a referral. Also check if the product can be used on wool. Very Important. Good Luck