Cleaning Cushion Covers in a Pop Up Camper?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

Can I remove the covers from the cushions in my pop-up camper and wash them? We had a leak while in storage, and now they smell bad.

By Tammy from St. Paul

I have a 1990 jayco popup camper that we just bought and I took the cushions off and cleaned them with no problems. If you are afraid to, you could try spraying them with vinegar and letting them dry in the sun. The vinegar smell goes away!

Absolutely. I bought my camper used and wanted to be sure all the dirt in it was my own. I first just tried washing one small cover. I recommend line drying though. They may shrink a tad and the dryer would certainly make it worse. It was tough wrestling them back on the cushions, but I did it and they are fine.

If the cushions are shorter, take them to a laundromat and use the BIG washers to wash them all, cushions and covers. I take my pillows, quilts, sleeping bags, cushions from the camper, etc. It may cost $4-5 to do it, but it is DONE.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 16, 2010
👔
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf91599557.tip.html