Replacement Canvas for a Pop Up Camper

The canvas walls on a pop up camper can be damaged or wear out and need to be replaced. You may need to shop around to find a good price. This is a guide about replacement canvas for a pop up camper.

We have a 1993 Starcraft pop up camper and we do not have the canvas that goes around the entire camper, "the walls". I am having a lot of problems finding a place that sells them for under $2,000.00. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't care where in the US it is. Thanks.

By Jess from Richmond, VA

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

I bought an old 88 palomino needs new canvas. I too called all the companies that specialize in this. But I am not willing to spend 1150. For a new one. I went to fabricguru.com found outdoor fabric 107.00. Found a lady whose been sewing a billion years she's making me a new canvas for 300.

We are looking to purchase a 1979 Bonair Lextra as a fixer upper. One of the end pop outs needs the canvas/zipper replaced. I have no problems replacing the entire piece, but are these canvases universal? The lead I have to buy one (or both), they don't know the make/model, but have dimensions.

Also, as a side question, is it easy to replace the lifting cable (which the seller of the trailer has)?

Answers

Thepopupprincess.com is a wonderful resource for fixing these kind of trailers

in my experience the canvases and different pieces on these objects are NEVER universal but always defined by the brand/manufacturer. So saying I'm sure a lot of folks out there put the components for sale on ebay or whatnot

Have you considered checking around to various salvage yards to find an original piece or an original replacement piece? There is always a chance of finding one, even as old as it would be, in usable condition! My dad always did diy car repairs with junk yard finds, so I am channeling him with my thought.

Good luck with your quest!!