Replacement Canvas for a Pop Up Camper?

The canvas walls on a pop up camper can be damaged or wear out and need to be replaced. You may need to shop around to find a good price. This is a page about replacement canvas for a pop up camper.

We have a 1993 Starcraft pop up camper and we do not have the canvas that goes around the entire camper, "the walls". I am having a lot of problems finding a place that sells them for under $2,000.00. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't care where in the US it is. Thanks.

By Jess from Richmond, VA

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

I bought an old 88 palomino needs new canvas. I too called all the companies that specialize in this. But I am not willing to spend 1150. For a new one. I went to fabricguru.com found outdoor fabric 107.00. Found a lady whose been sewing a billion years she's making me a new canvas for 300.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea where there is a good place to buy a 1985 Viking pop up canvas. It's just a standard pop up that on each end there is a bed that slides out in the front and one side out in the back.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

I would try canvas replacements. www.canvasreplacements.com/

RV stores and trailer shops normally sell these replacemetn cancvas for your trailer. I am not sure where you live. If you could tell me where you live I'll help you find a dealer in your area. Other than this you'll need to order this online and shipping can be rather expensive.

This one may help...I haven't used them so I can't vouch for personal experience:

www.rvworkshop.com/camper-canvas-replacement-Pop-up...

Since this is an older Pop Up I would suggest only buying a top that is a genuine Viking as any other top may not fit exactly right and it is very expensive to return a top. A true Viking may cost more but may be a better fit.
Some of the sites sell generic tops so be sure before paying out your money.

Also, be sure and ask if full instructions for replacing the top is included.

You can check these sites for genuine Viking tops:

www.rvworkshop.com/viking

I have a 1969 Apache Mesa III popup that needs a replacement canvas. I am having a hard time finding an affordable replacement. The one that I currently have is just as old as the year of the camper and not repairable.

Can anyone help me find an affordable replacement please?

Answers

This website may help you: www.apachepopups.net/.../howto.htm

Thank you for your input. I will look through this and see if I can find any more answers.

Try calling Trailers N More, 316-945-8900, in Wichita, KS. Dale, the owner, is very resourceful.
The other place is Trailer Supply, (316) 262-3701, on 21st in Wichita, KS. They've been in business since around the time your camper was made! I bet they could point you in the right direction if you haven't found one yet!

We are looking to purchase a 1979 Bonair Lextra as a fixer upper. One of the end pop outs needs the canvas/zipper replaced. I have no problems replacing the entire piece, but are these canvases universal? The lead I have to buy one (or both), they don't know the make/model, but have dimensions.

Also, as a side question, is it easy to replace the lifting cable (which the seller of the trailer has)?

Answers

Thepopupprincess.com is a wonderful resource for fixing these kind of trailers

in my experience the canvases and different pieces on these objects are NEVER universal but always defined by the brand/manufacturer. So saying I'm sure a lot of folks out there put the components for sale on ebay or whatnot

Have you considered checking around to various salvage yards to find an original piece or an original replacement piece? There is always a chance of finding one, even as old as it would be, in usable condition! My dad always did diy car repairs with junk yard finds, so I am channeling him with my thought.

Good luck with your quest!!

I have a 1990 Coleman Williamsburg pop up that needs the entire canvas replaced. I am trying to find something under a $1000. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Answers

RV Workshop is having a sale. www.rvworkshop.com/

Bear Creek Canvas is just under a 1000 and wonderful!

Can someone help me find a replacement canvas for my 1962 Wheel camper? This has been in my husband's family for years. It's always been kept dry, but it could use a complete replacement canvas. I am looking for a reasonable price please or another brand that will fit.

Answers

I would suggest you call or email several camper replacement companies as many may not have the exact top but they may have a generic or other brand that will fit.
You can find these companies on Google but shipping can be expensive so always check that out along with the price of the top.
Here are a couple of links to get you started.

www.rvworkshop.com/wheel

bearcreekcanvas.com/.../Pricing.cfm

thepopupprincess.com has all kinds of advice for repairing and maintaining popup campers.

I have a 1986 Jayco pop up camper. The inside is great, but the canvas itis not good at all. Someone is selling a great canvas off a 1978 Rockwood Freedom, would this fit?

Answers

I would contact the people at this website www.popupparts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_22th

They sell parts for all models, and will tell you if the canvas is interchangeable.

I do not think you will be able to find a site that has a comparison chart that states what will fit different models. It probably will take someone who has working knowledge of both models. Probably difficult to find.

Measurements may not help at all as the top has to fit right on every part of the frame.

The only thing that I could suggest would be to try and find a Rockwood Freedom company that sells tops and ask them if one of their tops will fit your 1986 Jayco camper.
Please ask about price etc but do not tell them your real reason for asking unless you feel it is okay and maybe they will tell you.
If they say a newer model top will fit then it may be possible the older tops are all similar as they do not change things like this unless it is a big change.

Hopefully you could purchase the used top (cheap?) and if it does not sell you can list it for sale and try to get your money back.

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&biw=1408...

Consumer Advice Product FinderFebruary 20, 2017
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf53707789.tip.html