General AdviceConsumer Advice

Junk Mail from Globe Life Insurance

I made the mistake of writing to Globe Life and Accident insurance Co. to find quotes on their product. I decided against using their product and canceled mailings. But I am getting mail from them about every two weeks. I have been sending all their mail 'back to sender' but I keep getting more. How do I stop this? Thanks in advance for any advice.

By ms. carmen from CA

Same thing here, you have to contact them and ask them to take you off there mailing list.

Do they include postage paid return envelopes? If so . . .

. . . we used to get SO MUCH junk mail. I heard a hint of pulling out the postage paid return envelope, tearing/shredding everything EXCEPT your name/address, stuff it all (including your name/address) back into the pre-paid envelope, and mail it back. They're paying postage to have their own crap mailed back to them. And when you leave your name & address in tact, they get the idea and remove you from their list.

I've heard of people getting nasty and mailing heavy, irregular items (spark plugs) this way to really get the point across, but that isn't necessary. I remember specifically we were getting lots of Geico mailings. Sent them back their own mail this way a few times, and we don't get anything from them anymore.

:-)
(not nice, but effective)

Thanks SO much. I made the mistake over 3 years and called United of Omaha Life Insurance Company for a quote
, been getting junk mail since, I have called SEVERAL times and asked they stop sending mail and am ALWAYS told the same thing. " it will take 90 days for the mail to stop"It has been 3 years. I will start sending their junk back. Great idea, wish I had thought of it. Once again, THANK YOU...

I do the same as mrs.story. I was receiving 3 or 4 mailings every week from Capitol One Credit cards. They alway included a postage paid envelope, so I began writing on the application form (Not interested, emove my name from your mailing list. It took a few weeks of returning it all in their postage paid envelopes but they eventually got the message, and I am sure were not happy paying the postage to get their own junk mail returned to them.

Harlean from Arkansas

You folks have given me a good idea - and here we've just been throwing away our thrice-weekly Globe Life "buy our product" letters.

I don't remember where I got this address, but I'm going to give a try.

Globe Life & Accident Insurance Co.
Unsubscribe
P.O. Box 29502
#38743
Las Vegas, NV 89126

do not want any more mailings from globe

I never return to sender I open the application and put void on and mail it back to them.

It doesn't bother me. I now fill out the cards that come in the sale papers. At least I'm helping post office raise money.

Same Problem, Same Company Globe Life. I just Got one today will give it a try and see how they like it.

any suggestions on getting past residents mail in your box after 2 years Post office wont do anything?

I never have spoken to any insurance company and I get endless mail from AARP and Globe Life. I never signed up for it, and don't give my information out to anyone.

I'm 31 and have been getting this stuff since I was about 24, they follow me to new addresses. AARP will probably keep sending me this junk mail until I'm 50 and actually qualify.