JewelryOther

Use Pencil Eraser For Earring Back

Lose an earring back while at work? Cut the top off of a pencil eraser and use that to hold your earring in place. They work especially well on heavy earrings and you won't risk losing the earring too. I've used this trick many times and it hasn't failed me yet.

By Patricia Nicholas from Gulfport, MS

I am always losing the backs to my earrings so when I found this tip, I tried it. It's a great idea. Cut a little piece of an eraser and use as an earring back. It works great in a pinch.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I keep brand new pencils at my desk with unused erasers. There have been so many times that I have lost the backing to an earring, that I came up with the idea to slice off the eraser and use it as a "backing" for the pierced earring. The pencil then can have one of those slip-on erasers added to replace the one cut off.

By JoAn