Shred Junk Mail Immediately

To keep the clutter down of junk mail coming in the house, we keep a shredder handy and go through the mail as soon as it comes in. Magazines, newspapers, ads, etc. go into a bag to be recycled. Anything with our name and address on it is opened and the "address" part of the mail is shredded to prevent anyone getting a hold of it. The rest of the mail is put in the recycle bag with the rest of the items.

Dealing with the mail as it comes in daily has helped us a lot with having things setting around and cluttering up the desk. When the shredder is full, we recycle the shredded paper by putting it out in a bag marked with an X as instructed by our county waste disposal. Anything we want to look at goes on the desk to be looked at, at a later time. I can't tell you how much the shredder has helped to get rid of junk mail.

By HerkDia from Baltimore, MD

This is a great post... Thanks

I use my "shreddings" in the bottom of my kitchen can. We bought an old house with no garbage disposal so I have a lot of moisture in my can.

We do this too. It's a really tedious and annoying task that gives me 10 minutes of pain every day. I want an industrial strength bulk shredder that I can just drop entire envelopes and such into without opening them at all. But even small shredders cost hundreds of dollars. So I suggested to the postal service that they put industrial strength bulk shredder units with compactors and rain covers next to those group mailbox units.

I said if selling the recycled material doesn't cover the cost of the service, lock them and sell access to them. I know I'd be happy to pay $3 to $5 a month for the service, and I bet others would too.

Organizing Bills and MailMay 7, 2012
🐛
🌻
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf92406425.tip.html