RepairingClothing

Can I Dye a Hoodie With Appliques Without Ruining the Designs?

Will redyeing a hoodie that has appliques on it ruin the designs? I bought a zip up black hoodie from Victoria's Secret not too long ago, but unfortunately it is now rather faded. The color now looks weird with other black clothes because of the fading. I want to dye it back to being black, but it has both rhinestones and silver appliques on it and I don't want to destroy those. Will dyeing it ruin the designs?

Thanks!

By Jennie from Tempe, AZ

If the applique is plasticized, the dye shouldn't stick, and the rhinestones won't change color, just don't use anything that would cause the glue to melt.