Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Painting Trim

It's been a while since the last time I posted about my cabin. I went to WV and painted the bead board white. I just couldn't decide on what colors to pick, and you know white looks pretty good.

Now, Hubby is going to put trim up and I need to get ready to paint it. Of course, I'm not sure of the colors I picked. Here's what I'm doing. In the rooms that I put white on the bead board I'm also going to paint the trim white.

The living and kitchen area has wood that looks like barn wood, I was going to kinda dry brush it, but I decided to just leave it as it is. I found a color I liked I got in the mail it's called cottage green. I went to Lowes' and I tried to find a color to match it. Well, I found one and after it was mixed it's lighter then expected. It looks more like a sage green.

My question is do you think sage green would look OK on the trim, or should I go darker? When you paint trim, is it supposed to be darker than the walls or it does matter?

The wood in the living and kitchen area is already primed and it looks like it has a greenish tint to it. My hubby thinks it looks gray, of course he's colored blind so I can't go by what he says.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
Pam