Deodorant Stains on Undershirts

How do I remove underarm deodorant stains on black cotton poly blend undershirts. I really don't want to get rid of them. They still have wear to them.

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)

I never had that problem with my husbands undershirts. But I always put a very little clorox type bleach in the wash water. Of course that load has to be only whites or towels or bedding with the whites.
Bleach keeps whites looking white, but if you use too much it eats holes in the fabric over time. The first time you might want to put more bleach in the wash and let the shirts soak.

Another thought I had was maybe you need to use warm or hot water for the undershirts. I always used cold water, but have noticed that for some things hot is better. Good luck

Hi Susan,

When doing a white wash use hot water, add your regular detergent & 1 cup of bleach & 1/4 cup of BOROX. I have been using this method for years & always have the whitest laundry you can imagine.

Prior to that my husbands white t-shirts used to have yellow areas under the arms. Oh, & weather permitting I also hang my clothes outdoors. I'm sure the sun helps bleach them a tad more & oh my, the laundry smells so good. Best of luck.

Try soaking them in peroxide & water or baking & water. Then wash as usual.