AdviceHome Improvement

Adding More Resin to Countertops

I just painted and coated my bathroom countertop according to some of the posts from this site. There are some spots that need more resin because they are too thin. Can I pour it now (24 hrs) or do I have to wait until the hard cure (72 hours)? Thanks.

Elliott from New Hampshire

Yes you can! Lightly sand, clean with alcohol, and pour the next coat (or coats).

Thanks. Sounds good, I'll give it a try!

By Millie (Guest Post)

Can you pour resin on a laminate countertop to get that shiny polished look in the kitchen?

By elliott94 (Guest Post)

I think you could use resin to get the shiny look. I sanded a formica countertop in my bathroom, primed and painted before I poured the resin. I used a product called SuperGlaze by Parks that had lower VOC's.

I think I would lightly sand and then clean with alcohol before I applied the resin. There was another thread that was about doing it for the kitchen and it had lasted for years. Good-luck.