Southern Barbecue Sauce
A great sauce for cooking ribs, or grilling chicken and poultry.
- 1 1/2 cups tomato ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, safflower or peanut
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. mild mustard
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 lemons, just need the juice
- 1 to 2 fresh red chilies, very finely chopped
Combine all the ingredients into a medium sauce pan on medium heat. Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce to low heat, cover, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!