Baking Cupcakes on More Than One Rack?

Category Baking

In a conventional home oven, how do I bake 8 cakes at a time (4 on top, 4 on bottom). Do I swap racks in the middle of the bake or do I just add more time? Thanks.

KP from Tucson, AZ

You should not need to add time nor switch positions ( opening the door will reduce the heat and affect cooking results/times too).

Does your oven yield different results on the upper and lower racks? Mine does (cheap landlord), it is also HOT! I need to reduce the temps 25 degrees or even more; you have to know yours. I only use the middle position - both the upper slots and lower ones in mine brown the closest side too much. Much better to take more time, and get better results for me. Yours may differ.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingApril 27, 2006
😷
😎
🎆
🌻
🐛

BakingFood Tips