Looking for a Good, Inexpensive Vacuum Cleaner

I do not have much space to store a big vacuum nor do I have the time to deal with one that needs a bag. Can someone tell me of a very good vacuum (not water) that picks up everything for an affordable price of under $70.00.

Erica

I bought a used Electrolux vac. It has a bag, but it's not like you have to change it all the time (disposable bag).

It's a small cigar shaped canister type, but a good vac repair shop should have several types to choose from for a very reasonable price. They are normally fully reconditioned and have a warranty.

Or... try ebay!

I bought a nice Dirt Devil, bagless at WalMart for 68.88. Works like a charm! Good Luck!

I highly highly recommend the dirt devil featherweight, i use my vacuum everyday and am extremely tough on it. i can't believe its lasted 5 years and still works great. i believe these are around $50 bucks. don't believe the hype about expensive models.

I would try a Bissell. We had the expensive Kirby and also an inexpensive Dirt Devil and our bagless Bissell is the best yet. Not sure if it's less than $70 but now would be a good time to find one on sale. I know ours was less than $100.

We used to have a bag-type electrolux vacuum cleaner. When it "kicked the bucket" I bought a bagless canister-type Dirt Devil. We figured that we could buy a new store bought vacuum cleaner once every 2 years for the next twenty or more years compared to buying a new electrolux. And by that time the electrolux would be needing major repairs. The dirt devil had so much suction that the rug changed color in one area that we always walked over. (No more dirt in the carpet). The electrolux bags were so expensive. With being in the country and having 3 kids tracking stuff in and a cat and a dog in the house I used a lot of bags. Now I just empty the canister.

If you do get a canister buy an extra filter so you can clean one while using the other one. Your suction will remain at its best then.

I did buy a Bissell momentum and after a year it's not working anymore! So now I am not sure what to buy.

I read your message and we have been very happy with the Hoover Tempo Widepath. The vacuum is light, it has good power, it is not messy and has a bag.

Buy a bagless bissell. I've had them all, a Kirby, an Oreck, Electrolux. Bagless Bissell Powerforce Turbo, under $80 wins!

If you can afford to spend a little more, I would definitely go with an Oreck, the bottom of the line works great, its light enough to carry with one hand and small enough to store in a linen closet, works really well, I've had numerous other vacs and I really like this one, well worth the extra money, I paid around 125.00.

Take a look of this one http://www.yout … ch?v=H0ybFMu8PIc I bought one and I am pretty glad of it.