ExerciseFitness

Using Wii Fit With Bad Knees

Has anyone tried the Wii Fit for exercise? How about exercise for people with bad knees? I am thinking of this for someone who should not be outdoors in bad weather.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

I am a big fan of the Wii Fit. I also don't have great knees but can do most of the exercises without problem. I find that the yoga has improved my balance and has strengthened my knees too. The skiing/snowboarding games are a bit tricky with bad knees but most of it should be fine.

My husband and I try to do the yoga every morning, with one on the board and one just following along by themselves. I have a friend who uses the running part (that doesn't use the balance board) as his daily aerobic exercise. He just puts on music and runs in place. And the kids love it!

I have bad knees and do the Yoga. Only problem I see with the Wii is that when you make your Mii, it will tell you if you are obese and make your Mii bigger.

OUCH!