Cleaning A Pet Hair Clean-Up Brush

The new Pledge pet hair pick up works fantastic, except for one small detail. Mine cost me $6.00 and you are suppose to discard it after it's full. I have 2 small dogs and mine was full in 5 minutes after using it on some furniture.

After some thought I came up with an idea how to reuse it over and over again, or at least until the brushes give out. There are some photos attached to show yo how this is done. All you need is the full Pledge hand held pet hair pickup and a Q-tip. Turn the hand held unit over to expose the gray brushes, slide one end of the Q-tip between the gray roller brushes and twist to wind up the hair slide the Q-tip all the way to the right and pull out. All the hair will come out on the Q-tip!

Amazing I have reused this device 59 times so far and the brushes still work! Now that's a savings! That amounts to $354.00 and it still works

By Deborah from Vero Beach, FL

Top Comment

I just tried your idea and it really works. I thought when the brush was full I would have to throw it away. I give you a big thank you for coming up with a way to reuse it.

Smart idea!

My friend and we're just talking about how everyone is going green and having to throw this away every time is not very green at all. Your idea rocks!

Thank you so much for the tip! Haven't bought this cause I thought I'd have to throw it away right away.

Now it's worth the money.

Pure genious! Came across one I'd purchased years ago and put away for a rainy day... Took it out of the box and filled that sucker up with cat hair - then debated about throwing it away. As much as I love it, cannot afford to pay approximately $100 for a new one. Came across your post while looking for a work-around. Tried a qtip, all the hair came out just as you said! Genious! Thanks!!

FANTASTIC! I didn't want to throw my old ones out because they DO work like a charm. thanks!

I found this website while googling how to reuse the pledge sweeper. I was doubtful but tried it nonetheless.

Wow! 1 Q-tip is all it took! That one Q-tip pulled out all that cat hair in the first attempt. Thank you so much for this tip.

Terrific. Tried it and it worked like a charm!! Thank you for a truly useful tip.

Thanks! Very helpful for stringy cat hair as well.

Thank God i found this site. Was about to toss a $30 product after only a few uses on cat hair. The q tip works wonders.

Thank you so much for this idea. I was looking around for a new one, as I found this in an old cabinet my mother in law had when she lived here.

People were charging $60-$90 a piece!!! I was getting ready to throw it away when I saw your suggestion. It worked like a charm. Thanks again.

🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf95078173.tip.html