Remedy for Small Bumps on Face and Corner of Mouth

My friend and I have been noticing a lot of little bumps on the side of my face and on the corner of my mouth. I put Vaseline on them and it still has not gone away. What can I do?

By Allyja Ramirez from Las Cruces NM

Try tooth paste for the side of your face so it can dry them up; and for the corner of your mouth try blistex to keep your lips hydrated! The Vaseline may be to oily in a sense.

I would try a trial size bottle of listerene in case it is a type of fungus, and also cocnut oil if you have it, or also vinegar might help.

What size and color are the bumps? my sons used to get their worst acne spots in that same place---both pimples that seemed to not want to come to the surface, and blackheads, especially on the borders of the lips, and the areas just in the corners of the lips.

We would clean the face well, soak with a warm washcloth on the face, then apply the 'blackhead remover strips', and that worked some of the time.

I would go to a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Sounds like you may have what's called a "comodogenic" reaction to something. It just means that whatever product you used before created a reaction on your skin. Stop using that product from now on. Make a paste of bicarb soda and water and use it gently like a scrub. Then wash your face with a mild cleanser of your choice and moisturise with a light moisturiser with a little rosehip oil added to it.

"Small bumps" could be anything! I doubt that Vaseline is good for anything except very dry skin or keeping water off your skin. I suspect it would do nothing or make this worse.

If these are clogged pores or acne, there are many products in your drug store that might help. Consult the druggist.

If it is some type of rash or fungus or allergic reaction, you should consult a doctor.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 22, 2010
🍀
💘