StainsCleaning

Cornflour for Stains?

I saw your recommendation for corn starch to remove stains from suede. Will cornflour do the trick? And does it take the colour out? The skirt is a lovely shade of Irish green.

Camilla from Ireland

I'm not sure of the original post you saw but cornstach and cornflour are 2 completely different thing and based on my experiences in cokoing with these 2 ingredients, I highy doubt they will do the same trick! Cornstartch has a much lower (and maintains) a much lower humidity level whereas cornflour is gritter and a little more damp.

By Marcy (Guest Post)

I already tried to get the stain out of my washable suede by putting dish soap on it and washing it in the machine with laundry detergent. It didn't work. Do you think the corn starch will work even if it's not a fresh stain, or would you suggest something different?

Editor's Note Make sure that it is dry before trying the corn starch or corn meal. It couldn't hurt to try.