DishesCleaning

'Soaked In' Stains on Plates

I have some old plates that are discolored with cloudy brown soaked through looking stains. I have heard that these stains are treatable but not sure how to go about it. Any ideas, suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

Alicia from Ontario

i would try bleach.Fill the sink with cold water (hot will cause more fumes) & add a cap or 2 of household bleach.
Let the dishes soak in it for the evening & before bedtime drain the water & rinse the plates & stand them to dry.
Worth a try !
We do that to our coffee mugs sometimes due to the stain build up !

By Sharon (Guest Post)

Get one of those white magic eraser pads made by Mr. Clean (I use the ones from Aldi store that are half the price) and rub it on the stain. They work wonderfully on many things.

By suzin (Guest Post)

I soak my dishes that have stains on them in clorox water. I put in about 1/4 cup clorox to a dishpan of water.

Let them sit for a while, then wash. If the stain isn't all gone, I do it again.