AlterationsClothing

Dyeing Part of My Jeans

How can I dye the knees and shins of my blue jeans different colors (like red, green, etc.)?

Wil from Fairmont, WV

could you not possibly while your jeans are wet lay them out straight outside and put something a bit tall inside them to raise those areas like say a old can or 2 litter soda bottle then spray the dye colors on from a spray type bottle that you mixed the dye uo and put into? let dry good them hopefully when washed it would stay in those areas with no running of colors? not sure just an idea

hang them on a clothesline while damp. You can either use liquid dye and a paint brush or a tyedye kit and follow the directions.

It's all pretty easy!
Just remember, especially when you're just learning this... you can't always control the dye. That can make it a little difficult... but I've gone ahead and just done one colour at a time. Worked for me.
Good luck and have a Great Time!!

By Lauren (Guest Post)

I just saw Carol Duvall do a show where she added red lace to jeans. She dyed the lace red. Hope it helps

By clueless (Guest Post)

I think theseamstress has the best suggestion here (that is, using a spray bottle to target the areas you want colored), and it seems like if you don't have plastic bottles handy, any plastic wrap, bubble wrap, etc. laid inside the legs of the jeans would work. I am curious, though, about this idea in general! Is this a look people are going for now?