Dyeing Blue Jeans

Has anyone found a way to successfully dye bluejeans in an area that was purposefully bleached or faded by the manufacturer? I found a great pair of Apple Bottoms jeans at my local Goodwill, but the front of the legs have a wide band of material that was either bleached or faded by the company. I'd like to soften the effect if possible. Any help out there?

By MT from Tampa, FL

I was wondering if anyone has ever re-dyed blue jeans. I really dislike light blue jeans and was wondering if I could get some dark blue/indigo colored dye and use it.

Madison

You can try dyeing the jeans, but I doubt if they will turn out one even color. I'd try navy blue or black. Anything would be an improvement.

Maybe consider bleaching the whole pair of jeans? That might make the faded area less noticeable.

You should use a fabric lightener, which will make the entire garment that bleached color. Then, you can use blue or black fabric dye to overdye them the color that you want.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceJune 13, 2010
🐛
🌻
📓