Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum

We have used Easy Off Fume Free over cleaner (for cold ovens, no heat required) to clean years of soap scum and hard water build up off showers and tubs, both fiberglass and tile. Spray it on, leave it a couple hours and then power wash off or scrub with sponge. It comes off easily and leaves bright shine.

By Kathy from Corpus Christi, TX

I've used the same product for the same purpose and it works like a charm!

Anonymous

I can't wait to try this! I just googled 'easy off shower tile' and found this! I'm happy i won't die trying this!

To eliminate 95% of soap scum buildup, stop using bar soap. Start using the Soap Gels. After showering, squeegee the walls and shower door[I use the California Water Blade ($10 - $16 at Auto Parts Depts}. Excellent water removal and will not scratch the fiberglass walls, then a quick wipe down with a microfiber-cloth or sponge. Your enclosure should look great for months. I also have applied a good auto polish to the walls with an orbital buffer; my 30year old enclosure walls look better than new.

Does it make it easier to clean the small strips of grout between the ceramic tiles? I can't scrub my shower, tub, etc, so I basically need something that will dissolve the dirt/scum between tiles, and only require a good rinsing, or single wipe with cloth, to make it come off easily.

Thanks in advance for any reply you send.

MJ

Does oven cleaner help remove soap scum?

Becky from Dover, DE

Answers:

Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum?

Yes it works, I used it on my tub. Oobviously clean it with a safer cleaner after wiping off the oven cleaner. My tub is quite old and has no shine left so you may want to try a hidden spot first if yours is a newer tub or sink. I then coat mine with a product called Gel-Gloss that you wipe on and buff off after it dries, which gives it shine and repels soap scum for quite some time, kind of like wax but not as slippery. Good luck... (05/22/2007)

By Barbie

Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum?

I have heard it will but I have never tried it. Be careful you don't get it on aluminum or some metals. It will take the finish off or dull it. Try on a little area first. Be sure you wear a mask and gloves in a well ventilated room. Oven cleaners are toxic. I use Crud Kutter from Lowes and various other places have it. I got some from Sherwin Williams paint store one time. It works super for me. (05/22/2007)

By Rasta

Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum?

The best thing I've ever found for removing soap scum is a squirt of either body wash or shampoo, on a nylon net puff (the kind sold at Walmart for a dollar or so). This tip is from Flylady and it works like a charm, no toxic fumes, rubber gloves required. I guess it works because it's the same soap that's already dried on the walls and tub, and the nylon helps to scrub it off. Within a few short minutes I can do my entire tub walls and tub, and it comes out sparkling clean.

Give it a try, you won't be sorry. (05/22/2007)

By ehughes

Oven Cleaner for Soap Scum?

After trying virtually everything on my 50 year old bathtub that looked AWFUL, I resorted to spray on oven cleaner. I sprayed it liberally, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, wiped it off, sprayed it again, waited and cleaned it again. Then I flushed it really well with clear water. I poured bleach in the bottom of the tub and ran in hot water to clean that and the tub mat. If did a good job, too, and smelled fresh. (05/23/2007)

By Marlene

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomNovember 9, 2009
🎄
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf96606429.tip.html