Clothing StainsCleaning

Removing Stain on Clothing from Dish Washing Liquid

I have a few cherished clothing items, which have been stained with dried dish washing liquid. I've been searching the web, trying to find a way to remove the nasty yellow stain the liquid has left on the fabric.

Can this dried liquid (waxy yellow) be removed? I've tried soaking, dry cleaning and using other detergents. All with no success. Has anyone had success in removing the stain that this liquid makes?

BS from Southern NE

By Leslie (Guest Post)

I have found stubborn stains of all sorts cannot hold up to this simple solution; use equal parts (1 cup in a gallon 2 in small setting on washing machine) of cascade dry dish washing powder and dry clorox II in the hottest water. Let set over night, wash. It has taken out everything I have used it on.

By BS (Guest Post)

Thanks, I'll give it a try! Thanks again

By (Guest Post)

Be careful with the dishwasher detergents...they have bleach in them. I have bleached out jeans before by it squirting all over and getting it on them.

I would definately dissolve the detergent in water first, but if the item is colored, be prepared for it to fade out a little.

By BS Yarg (Guest Post)

Thanks,

The only recommendation so far, is for dried dishwasher detergent. It's a light grey sweat shirt that was given to me during my 1st season as an assistant coach.

It's a cherished keepsake and I will take your advice and be careful.

But I, would really want to wear it with pride, again.

Thanks

By cher (Guest Post)

I have no experience, but would like to offer the suggestion of trying steam to steam it out. Use your iron on the hotest setting and give it a whirl. Steam seams to get stains out of carpets. So you never know.

By Sirbry (Guest Post)

Thanks,

I give them all a whirl in the order they were received.

Thanks

By Dollie I. (Guest Post)

If you are unable to remove the stain sew an applique over it. If you can't, make one go to a yard goods store. They have a lot to choose from. Good luck