Maintaining a Swimming Pool

I have a question regarding bleach in the pool. I have a 3 foot by 12 foot pool. How much bleach do I put in and how many times a week? Do I also put in baking soda at the same time or as needed?

Thanks for the help.

By Karen from Spring Hill, TN

By Pam (Guest Post)

Go to the swimming pool supply store, buy a water testing kit, they will tell you how to use it. You will need a vacuum hose with an adapter that fits into where your water is suctioned out into the pump. That is how you create the suction to vacuum. You need a vacuum brush for the end of the hose, a telepole to attach to the vacuum brush (you hold onto the pole and use it to guide the vacuum to the corners, center, deep end, etc.) You need chlorine, I think the tablets are easier to use, you just put them into the basket where the water is sucked out after vacuuming, soda ash to keep the PH level correct, good baskets for the pump, returns, etc.

But your pool supply store should help you out with other supplies.
I hope this helps.

Pam

Home and Garden Home Improvement Pools and Hot TubsJune 15, 2009
📓
🌻
😎
🐛