Television Reviews

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what television might be a good one to buy? We'd like to buy one in the 27 inch range and it can be regular or flat screen. Our current Sanyo TV, while not old, is very muffled and difficult to hear. I don't think it's just ours either, as I was recently at someone's home to watch a movie and their Sanyo was very muffled, also. Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Pat from Bismarck, ND

Try this site http://www.cons … h.com/index.html

They have consumer reviews on alot of things -- tv's included! Perhaps it'll be of some help in your decision.

Did you ever try hooking it up with the stereo speakers with the vcr or dvd player? Or Maybe surround sound system.

My TV died a couple of months ago and I replaced it with a flat plasma screen by LG (That's a fairly new brand....they make lots of cell phones too.) So far, I am very happy with it.

I just had to replace my old TV and I got a new one just like the old one - JVC. As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat JVC for quality or price. I got mine (27 inch) at K-Mart for $220 plus tax.

We just purchased a Toshiba 27" flat screen and we love it. We had an old (25 - 30 year) RCA console and only had service on it twice. But now the dealer says RCA does not put out the product they once did. He said Toshiba is a better TV and he didn't just say that to sell us a more expensive set. The RCA we had been looking at cost more than what we eventually decided on. It's a beautiful picture. Bonnie

To those of us that are now 'hearing' challenged, because we've worked around loud equipment, all TVs sound muffled. ;-) Hopefully the TV's audio improves (someday) but we haven't found anything that doesn't sound muffled and we have tried it all.

Make sure your new tv has front speakers. This makes a difference.