Uses for Cat Litter

Does anyone have any ideas for the cat litter that doesn't clump? I bought a large bag by accident. What else can it be used for other than absorbing spills? I have no car.

Maybe you could save it to sprinkle on your walkways during winter. You can also put it in cans to absorb odours in the house (closets, etc.)

If you run out of de-icer for the walkway and/or driveway during the winter, you can shake the cat litter over the walk to prevent people from slipping. It gives a little traction. We've had to do this numerous times.

For those who have cars, littler also provides traction when your car is stuck in the snow. Just dump a little where the wheels are slipping. Keep a bag in your trunk, even if you have all wheel drive!

A big bag of cat little lasts longer <u>and</u> saves money over de-icer in the long run

I took a class in gardening and our instructor said it can be used like perlite or vermiculite(they hold in water and keep plants moist). I've also heard it can be used just like baking soda to absorb odors. Never tried either so can't vouch for these ideas. Don't think I'd put it around food(like in the fridge).Maybe in the bottom of a garbage can, musty closet, funky old tennis shoes, etc....

I use it in my composting garbage can (our town lets us recycle food waste, pizza boxes, paper plates, napkins in a food waste container) to keep down on the smell during the week (it's not bad until you open the can).

You could give it away to an animal shelter or join Freecycle.org and give it away there!

Try mixing it together with cat litter that clumps. It should still clump and control the odor.

I don't smoke and can't breathe around smoke. When my cousins come over and smoke on the porch, I have cans of cat litter sitting out for them to use as ash trays. It obsorbs the odors and quickly puts out the cigarette without the smell. Then just dump it in the outside dumpster.

It is good for oil spills in the garage, driveway, or anywhere. Sprinkle it on and let it set and sweep up and dispose of it properly.

I've heard you can use it in your basement if you have a damp problem. If so, let me know.