Participate in Radio Contests

I actively participate in radio contests. My local station has lots of trivia, name that tune, and multiple choice contests. Usually the prize is a free lunch, a pizza, or an oil change. Not big bucks stuff, but hey, if I can win a free lunch every 30 days, why not go for it?

By Becki Harris

By guest client (Guest Post)

I do that too!! So far I have won a free 4 hr cruise around Manhatten for my family of 4, Six flags tickets, Movie passes, a few chances to win thousands of dollars (but didnt win), concert tickets, and a few Party tickets!! I call in just about everyday to try for something!! The DJ's even know me by now! One of the morning announcers fell in love with my then 5 yr old daughter and even through her a suprise birthday party at the station!

Same goes with newspaper contests ... our local paper has a game that's played like Bingo and you get five numbers with every day's paper, that you try to get five in a row from the gameboard that's in the Sunday's paper. Winning entries get mailed to the paper for a drawing for first, second, third, and other prizes.

Have lucked out on some radio contests too ... helps to put the phone number on your speed dial! And check your radio station's website for even more "unannounced giveaways" and other freebies. One of my local stations has a "club" you join (free), and by listening at certain times of the day, you can get "codewords" that you input on their webpage (anytime, even later , that day) to earn "points." The points can be traded in for cool stuff.