Value of Motorola Console/Bench?

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

A console bench with a stereo inside.Does anyone know the approximate value of this old Motorola stereo and radio console. It has a padded bench top and I have not seen any others like it.

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks
Best Answer

Not a custom job--I believe this is yours--from 1963 and sold as you see it.

As to value, I am guessing most did not survive which would make this a rare piece--a word I almost never use when I describe items for resale.

Not sure where you are located, but your best bet is to find a place in the nearest big city that specializes in novelty items like this and get their take on value. My guess is they may suggest a real auction house where it can be seen by more eyes.

I would hesitate to quote a prices because I have truly never seen one in person or in may reselling ventures and I have been in the resale world for many years!

This is way cool so I am hoping you can fetch a tidy sum for it!!

Please post back what you learn!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Without the bench, the asking price is in the $450 range. www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_nkw=motorola+stero+console...

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

I'm not sure that anyone can help you without the model number or serial number. These numbers are usually on the back of the unit. Look for these and post pictures (not just writing numbers please - pictures) also, post pictures of inside works and provide any information on age that you have available. Does everything work? record player/radio/8 track?

I'm not sure that Motorola made any console with padded tops as this puts the front of the cabinet in danger of being constantly kicked when anyone happens to be sitting on the bench. Consoles were rarely made at a good height for being used as a bench.

I believe you have a console that was 'custom redone' by someone either for themselves or had a custom job.

If you provide numbers we may be able find out for sure.
You can always post your pictures (more than what you have here) on one of the forums and see what they tell you.
antiqueradios.com/.../ucp.php?mode=terms
audiokarma.org/.../

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts

You are correct, after many searches I was unable to find a bench style Motorola console/bench. This may be a custom job for the top of this piece. There are still a small market for console stereo's.

Much of them go up on auction/bid. I found some previous bid sales. From $4 to up in the $100's - www.ebth.com/browse?status=all&q=motorola+console...

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousMarch 8, 2021
🌻
🎆
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Motorola-ConsoleBench-1.html