Supplemental Nutrition for Dogs

When feeding your dog and you want to add supplements as suggested by one other participant, be certain to not only include beef, chicken and veggies. Also include chicken or beef livers, they have the most nutrients! Yougurt with probiotics is also essential for the digestive system. Cottage cheese is a great dairy source for bone development. Omega 3 fish oil capsule one a day for coat and circulatory system. Keeping our pets healthy is great for them and for keeping them with us as long as possible.

Source: www.SheltieForums.com

By Elaine2004 from Landaff, NH

Hi, I have a chihuahua that I give to my Taco 1000 mg fish oil. I sprinkle
it on her food every day in the morning. She has a beautiful coat and healthy. I also give her a heartworm preventive every month. I also feed her lamb & rice dog food. She is almost 8 years old and she lights up my world! It makes her nails grow fast but its also great for your nails. Thank you!

We need more articles like this one. I stopped feeding my dogs commercial dog food and cooked chicken, beef & some pork for them. I gave them chicken broth, noodles, vegetables, yogurt and bread - they thrived and ate all of their food. BUT the most interesting thing was the clean up in the yard. With real food there was only 1/3 the amount of dog poop to pick up! With commercial kibble it seemed to go in one end and come out the other - nothing seemed to be absorbed by the dog. And a lot of times there was uneaten kibble in their bowls.

The dogs are trying to tell us we are starving them with this kibble so why aren't we listening? And the physical damage to their body's will cost us big time.