Healthy Additions to Your Pet's Food

I have 2 nice, healthy, middle-aged best friends who usually are fed dry dog food, with a little something extra. Whenever I cook, I save bones from meat, extra broth, etc. and simmer it on the stove for a nice flavorful broth to pour over the dogs' dry dog food.

Sometimes, I make stock for use in our own foods then boil the bones yet again to get more flavor out for the dogs. I strain it, so no little bones get into their dishes. If you refrigerate the bones between uses, you can sometimes get even a third-time broth out of them.

Another thing they love over their food is water you've cooked pasta in. I try not to feed them fatty and oily things, only the good juices from cooking. This saves spending money on canned dog food (except for a treat, LOL) because it makes dry dog food a little extra special. Also I don't buy the most expensive brands, because I feel like I'm giving them good nourishment with the broths.

By Jayne

5 More Solutions

Save that juice from canned meats (such as tuna) and pour it over your pet's dry food, they will love you forever. I save it in the refrigerator and only add a tablespoon at a time. Once in a great while, I "accidentally" drop some of the meat in the juice.

When feeding your dog and you want to add supplements as suggested by one other participant, be certain to not only include beef, chicken, and veggies.

Pet food is always an important issue with pet owners. This economy is making it hard to afford the best foods. Be sure the supplement your dog's diet with real chicken and real beef. This is because the cheaper foods do not have much meat in them.

If your pet eats dry food, you should consider soaking it in equal amounts of water to soften the kibble.

I have two tiny dogs that were not eating well, so I cooked up pumpkin, sweet potato, and white potato. Once cooked I mashed it and added 1/2 of a boiled skinless chicken breast which I had chopped very finely. I stirred t all together.

Pets FoodMarch 21, 2013
👒
🌻
🐛
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Healthy-Additions-to-Your-Pets-Food.html