Marching Band Centerpiece Ideas

Category Centerpieces
Marching Band Centerpiece
Part of planning for a school banquet is creating the table centerpieces to reflect the group being honored. This is a guide about marching band centerpiece ideas.

We are planning the year end banquet/band concert for our High School Marching Band. I really need a special centerpiece for each table that the seniors can take home with them. Our budget is limited but I can get enough parent support to make the centerpieces ourselves. I can't seem to find that "special" idea. Please help.

Sandra

By guest client (Guest Post)

You could try something involving a picture of the band. Not sure what but some short of keepsake that has the a picture of everyone in the band and maybe a list of that year performances. If they still have it in 10 years it will give them something to look back on. I am by no means a centerpiece expert, though. :-)

Sandra, I too am looking for H.S. Band Banquet ideas for May. If you have any ideas maybe we can get together? I am also not a centerpiece person but could suggest that maybe contact your local florist for some ideas or if you have a Michael's close by that you could pick the brain of the floral department. Good luck and please respond. CindiMc44

I am also in the middle of planning a band banquet.Try decorating coffee cans to look like drums.Fill with mylar basket filler(easter grass).Place balloons inside.If your ambitious,go to micheals,they have wooden instrument cutouts,paint them glue to a wooden skewer and put them in with the balloons.

Good luck

Here's some pictures of a previous year's centerpieces I made for our Band Banquet. It might not be what you're looking for as far as a gift for the seniors, but it is inexpensive, and maybe it will inspire you. We have to do our decorating on a shoestring budget, too!

My theme was "All Star Band". I used one full centerpiece on each table with a stand-alone eighth note on either side of that, plus stars and blue ribbon construction paper cutouts and confetti scattered along the length of the table.

Here are the particulars:

-Balloons in school colors (ours are red, white, blue) blown up the old fashioned way - helium is expensive!

-Eighth notes cut from black construction paper

-Stars cut from white construction paper

-Really cheap silk flowers

-Star garland and star tissue paper from Party City

-Copied section of a musical score (I copied it so that when the paper is folded in half the score is right side up on both sides. This gives it a little more body to stand upright.)

-Fresh leaves-in this case from a Southern Magnolia.

-Cheap gold floral bowls, floral foam, floral picks, and floral pins (it helps if there is a floral wholesaler near you who also sells to the public)

I hope this helps some of you. Now I need some help for this year's centerpieces. I want to do: Music - A Universal Language. Let me hear your creative (and CHEAP!) thoughts.