Note the Shipping Charge When Bidding On Online Auctions

You can find good deals at online auctions but one trick that some sellers play is they offer a low bid price for the product, but have a really high shipping price. Never bid on an item until you have calculated the cost of your bid and the shipping charge.

By Fisher

This is a good tip! I get quite aggrevated when I see an item at a good opening bid but very high shipping. I don't bid then because I know it will be shipped the cheapest way and the seller will pocket the difference. This is also "fee avoidance" which ebay really frowns on....ebay then only makes a small "final value fee" when the seller makes money off the shipping instead of the bid! If you ever have any questions or doubts about the shipping fees and how it will be shipped, take it up with the seller before you bid....You will not be able to negotiate the shipping price after the auction has ended!

GREAT TIP!!!!!! Shame on the ebay sellers who do this!! I refuse to ever bid on any auction with shipping costs that are higher than they should be. This also applies to the "buy it now" items that I've seen that are listed for .99 and the shipping is $6.95 or even higher. Especially when you know that the item couldn't even weigh in at a pound packaged!! Buyers Beware of these sellers!!

it makes me angry when the person does this, so i dont bid and skip every one of these, they are also a company or whatever and i would rather buy from the person who is actually selling it and makes you feel like an actual person and a personal deal. But that is me, i liked ebay when it first started and was less of a business and more of reg. people selling stuff.