AdviceCrafts

Cheap Artificial Pampas Grass

I am looking for low cost pampas grass, reed or any other type grass that can be used to make decorations for VBS Serengeti Trek. I was asked to make 10 of these using craft/flower foam bricks and pampas grass or reeds of some kind. I have checked the price of these and need some ideas on what else I could use that is cheaper and would look great.

Lesley Odell

By Jean (Guest Post)

Where I live, there are cattails and a plant called Giant Reeds which grow from 2-6 feet high, and can be found in swampy ditches alongside the local roads.There are the brown,dead leaves from last year, and the new green shoots are there too. Wear boots and cut a bunch for free. ( I live in western NY in a suburban area.)

Is there anyone who's just starting to get their garden ready for spring that hasn't cut off the dead grasses & other such plants from last year? Use those.