Basil Olive Oil

Steeping basil in olive oil in a glass jar is a good way to make a good addition to sauces and soups. Add dried tomatoes, and top with a garlic clove. This sounds so good, I am going to do it, it looks prettier than just plain oil.

Source: Reader's Digest, "1001 Hints and Tips for your Garden"

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Editor's Note:There is a risk of botulism with homemade flavored oils. Be sure to keep this mixture refrigerated and use within one week.

Thanks, I just got some of this as I have been enjoying the freeze dried basil that I got from the grocery store. I just thought I would really enjoy it with my salad. I grow my own salad greens so I enjoy variety in my dressings. I will definitely use this in sauces now etc.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesNovember 1, 2010
😎
📓
🐛
🌻