Dog Has a Hot Spot

My 7 year old Dachshund has a hot spot. She seems to lick the inside of her back leg too much. I am trying to use a home remedy. She is taking Omega and a little Benadryl. I just started her on tablespoon of yogurt. Help, I don't want another vet bill. Thanks.

By Reda

Bag Balm works great, but it"s kinda messy. Try using petoleum jelly first. Rub it into the spot often. Your dog will still lick the spot but after awhile she will stop.

I have boiled a few tea bags and let them cool down and hold them on the spot of my Australian Shepherd when he was trying to get one on his back. It actually dried it up since I caught it early. I found it on a weekend and was trying to prevent it from getting worse until Monday for a Vet visit. We did not have to go after using the tea bags. Good luck!