Mold on a Shower Curtain

I need ideas as to how I could successfully remove the black mould that collects at the bottom of a plastic shower curtain. Thanks.

By kevmacker from Southport Merseyside, U.K.

Best Answer

I cut off the bottom edge hem with pinking shears. This allows all the water to drain quickly and it will be longer before mildew forms. I also use a daily shower cleaner spray I get at the dollar store and spray it on the curtain as well as the walls and tub.

Best Answer

I toss mine in the washer with a couple of white towels and a cup of bleach. The towels rub on the shower curtain and help to clean it. Hope this helps.

Soak the shower curtain in vinegar, scrub it down with a mildew cleaning spray or just some water and soap then let nature take charge by hanging it out in the sun for a while.

Wash your curtain in the washing machine with bleach (more than you would a load of clothes) and soap. (Watch it carefully, of course).

(Do not dry in dryer, of course). It might need more than one washing. You could also just pour bleach and add water and soak in the tub, it's just easier in the washing machine.

I take my shower curtain out on my deck, lay it down and scrub it with bleach using a long handle brush. Then hose off the bleach and mold, hang it over the railing until dry.

Personally I would throw it away. A shower curtain liner is about 2.00. Buy a nice curtain and keep it on the outside of the tub. Let the liner fall inside. When the liner gets moldy throw it away. Mold is not healthy so it isn't thrifty to mess with it. Some things just have to be thrown away.

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJune 15, 2010
🌻
🎂
📓