DollmakingToys

Make a Doll from a Dishcloth

Category Dollmaking

I need a "how to" pattern on making a baby doll out of a bath-cloth, or dish towel. I have seen them made, but don't remember the process.

Martha

If I'm not mistaking it takes 2 dishcloths and you fold them as you would a FAN laying one and tying off legs and a waist.Add the 2nd and tie off a head and hands,using yarn.

on this doll there used to be a saying to put on her when u finished her..any suggestions

I take one cloth and roll it from both sides to the middle and fold it over, about half way put yarn around neck to make head put yarn at end to make arms and yard around bottom to make leggs and then I take some yarn and make her some hair and tie on top of head. Hope this helps.