Ask Your Kids "Are We There Yet?"

Out of sheer frustration of going on long trips, I once decided to beat my daughter to the punch and asked her 10 minutes into the trip, "Honey, are we there yet?" She got SO flustered and short-wired that, aside from answering, "No", she didn't ask me that question for the rest of the trip! In fact, I had fun asking her that question a few more times, and she started getting annoyed at ME! LMAO!

Try it some time. You will feel in control of the situation for a change and will enjoy the humor of it all, even if it bugs your kids!

By thintieguy from Los Angeles

When we drove from Chicago to San Diego to live, I drove with 2 teen-agers. One of them was constantly asking "Are we there yet?" I gave her the map and let her plot where we would stay and I didn't hear that the rest of the trip.

I love it that you did this! Turn about is indeed fair play ;-) Thumbs up!

One time when my kids were small, one was acting up and had a temper tantrum. So I got down on the floor kicking and screaming and pretend crying and said "I don't like that you act that way".......it so startled them that they stopped and started laughing instead!

Sometimes it is indeed fun to turn the tables!

rotfl! Love your sense of humor! This would be a great idea!

Parenting General Parenting Family TravelFebruary 9, 2010
📓
😎
😷
🐛
🌻
Generated 2020-07-16 00:39:56 in 857 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf99466144.tip.html

Family TravelGeneral Parenting