AnniversaryGifts

The Gift of a Special Weekend

Category Anniversary

For our parents' wedding anniversary one year (when my siblings and I were still at home, in school and 2 of us had jobs). We wanted to do something really special for them, other than the usual gifts we gave. So we rented a hotel room for 2 days (with a jacuzzi) at a State Park a few counties away (and near my work).

Shortly before Mom and Dad were to arrive at check-in, my brother, his girlfriend (now wife), my sister and I prepared the room as we wanted it. We left a beautiful sliced fruit tray on ice, a bottle of wine on ice, an assorted cheese tray with an assortment of crackers, a beautiful bouquet of flowers with an anniversary card and bubble bath.

It worked out perfectly, they never knew we were there, till after their 2 days. They were delighted with their gift and had the most relaxing time, ever. So if you're stumped over what to do for someone's upcoming birthday, anniversary, or whatever. I guarantee this is the best idea and gift we could have done!

By Terri

Be sure that if you are giving a gift of a weekend for two like Terri did that...

your parents will use it. We bought a gift certificate like that for my parents and they never used it. Of course, the place we got the gift certificate for also put an expiry date on it and so even a year or two later they couldn't have gone there because it was expired.