3 Ingredient Fondant
Vote for this contest contender!
Today I will share how I made my first 3 ingredient fondant. It does take some effort for the kneading, but it was another fun bonding time with the kids.
- 2 cups plain miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- food color (optional)
- In this recipe I have pink marshmallows as it was only kind available. I will be coloring the fondant red anyway. First place a bowl of marshmallows over a boiling water. Wait until it starts to melt.
- Mix from time to time. Remove from heat. Continue stirring the melted marshmallows.
- Add tiny drops of food color and stir until the color blends well.
- Start adding powdered sugar gradually, until it has the consistency of a dough.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes. Add a little more powdered sugar to improve consistency.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Rub your hands with butter when you want to start working your fondant to avoid it sticking to your hands.
- Start forming your fondant figures.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!