Advice on Painting Kitchen with Green Countertops

What paint color should I use for the walls in my breakfast area? It has cherry cabinetry, black appliances, and moss green countertops in the kitchen. The area is open to the family room.

By Chiline from Miami, FL

Answers:

Depending on the family room color, you could go one or two shades lighter than the countertop or the cherry cabinets. Since those 2 elements are dark, I would go lighter with the paint. (07/21/2010)

By Allison5

I would choose a neutral, such as light honey or beige, and continue it in the family room if possible.

Beige sounds boring, but if you get the right one to go with your present colors, it can be perfect. Bring a lot of paint chips home, the bigger the better, and put them up on the wall adjacent to the family room and the kitchen cabinets, with the lights on. Step back to see the effect. Be sure to remove all white edges and other colors from the paint chip strip when you do this. If you can afford it, buy paint samples and paint an area adjacent to the family room and the kitchen cabinets. (07/24/2010)

By shishi

There is a computer program that lets you paint a room, change the colors. You take a picture of the room, download it off your camera and paint. It's great. I did my whole house with it and never had to repaint. (09/20/2010)

By leekelly