Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Green Countertops

Countertops with distinct colors have a great effect on your choice of wall paint colors that will complement rather than clash. This is a guide about paint color advice for a kitchen with green countertops.

What color would match with a forest green countertop?

By coaster35

Answers

Best Answer

sw6143 Basket Beige - It has enough gold in it to compliment the green but still brown enough to go with everything else. If your not a gold person, one strip over is the sw6150 Universal Khaki which would go well too. If you have a local Sherwin-Williams you can get a sample or view colors online (they're not really the same though).

Best Answer

I have forest green countertops in my kitchen and I painted the walls a deep reddish/burgundy color. I get lots of compliments on it.

I currently have green countertops and light cabinets. I would like some wall paint suggestions.

By diane from IL

Answers

Yellow comes to mind.

I currently have white cabinets with silver handles and green countertops. I am looking to paint the walls, but I am at a loss for colors. The walls currently are a soft cream color which is beginning to look drab. I am leaning towards a red or orange hue and I really want to brighten up the area. Any thoughts?

By Amanda from Greensboro, NC

Answers:

Advice on Painting Kitchen with Green Countertops

I am a lover of tangerine, peach, and apricot myself. Red I like, but for accents only. Too much red is like too heavy of loud metal music with no beat, just screech! I don't think I would do well with red walls at all! However, you might consider checking out doing perhaps just one wall in a burgundy. That would pop your cabinets. Then do the other walls in a neutral color like you already have, or the same with a bright tangerine. Just one wall is all it takes to liven things up!

And having the whole kitchen done in a super bright color might be a little much. However, I confess that I chose a light apricot color for my living room, and when it went on, it was almost too pinky for my taste. I added some bright tangerine (just a bit) to the lighter color, and loved it; whereas I would not have liked the whole room done in the bright of the tangerine. It would be too loud for my taste, and I like the feeling of peacefulness of a little "softer" color.

Do go to many stores and get paint chips; as the colors are so versatile. And consider "making your own" as I did! (11/02/2010)

By katrina

I have white cabinets with green countertops also. I painted my kitchen a dark red and I love it! I get lots of complements on it. (11/03/2010)

By Elizabeth

What paint color should I use for the walls in my breakfast area? It has cherry cabinetry, black appliances, and moss green countertops in the kitchen. The area is open to the family room.

By chiline from Miami, FL

Answers:

Depending on the family room color, you could go one or two shades lighter than the countertop or the cherry cabinets. Since those 2 elements are dark, I would go lighter with the paint. (07/21/2010)

By Allison

I would choose a neutral, such as light honey or beige, and continue it in the family room if possible.
Beige sounds boring, but if you get the right one to go with your present colors, it can be perfect. Bring a lot of paint chips home, the bigger the better, and put them up on the wall adjacent to the family room and the kitchen cabinets, with the lights on. Step back to see the effect. Be sure to remove all white edges and other colors from the paint chip strip when you do this. If you can afford it, buy paint samples and paint an area adjacent to the family room and the kitchen cabinets. (07/24/2010)

By Shirley Darby

There is a computer program that lets you paint a room, change the colors. You take a picture of the room, download it off your camera and paint. It's great. I did my whole house with it and never had to repaint. (09/20/2010)

By Lee

I am looking for suggestions on which color to paint my kitchen walls. I have light bleached oak cabinets and my countertop is dark green with black specks in it. My floor is green marble with black and white in it. What color would look best?

By Kathy from Chelsea, MA

Answers:

I would suggest a sage green color for your walls. It will help break up all of the darker green and it is a refreshing color. Good luck. (11/17/2009)

By valeria

Yellow is the first color that comes to mind, think "sunflowers". (11/19/2009)

By Maryeileen

I have Dark green Corian countertops with a white inlay and oak cabinets. I want to update walls with a more neutral color.

I am tired of the green countertops, but my hubby won't let me replace. Help!

I have oak cabinets with a honey finish, tan color tile, hunter green counter tops with ultra silver steel appliances. What color should I paint the walls?

I want to paint my kitchen walls, but do not know which color(s) to use. My counter tops are green and my floors have green Formica on them. Any suggestions on the wall color?

I currently have white kitchen cabinets with hunter green countertops. My kitchen walls are all white. I would like to paint the walls, but I don't know what color to paint them.