Ant Deterrent

Did you know that you can put salt in your window sills to keep out ants. Or anywhere you might have an ant problem. It works

By jenny

Answers:

Ant Deterrent

Thank you, Jenny. We get ants at work in the springtime.

Jennifer (12/16/2004)

By ILuvDobes

Ant Deterrent

Baby powder sprinkled on your counter or cupboard shelves deters ants.
(12/21/2004)

By Linda

Ant Deterrent

Although somewhat messy, putting old coffee grounds in the cracks, such as window sills, will also deter the ants. (12/21/2004)

By Cavelady

Keeping Ants Away

Here is a really good tip on keeping bugs away, like ants. I use bounce dryer sheets and stick them under stuff and in drawers not only do they make them smell good they keep away bugs.

(01/22/2005)

By Theresa

Ant Deterrent

We tried salt with sugar ants and it doesn't seem to work. the ants like to get in the cat food, so we tried an experiment with a ring of salt around cat kibble, but we still saw a bunch of ants in there. (10/23/2007)

By knick44

Ant Deterrent

Ground cinnamon works great! They won't cross it. (12/01/2007)

By april (california)

Ant Deterrent

We had a big problem with black ants in our pantry. We had to throw out food, mostly cereal, they had invaded. We have a mint poison free insecticide/repellent, which only worked short term. Plus the smell was a little overwhelming. On a tip from a friend we put some Bounce sheets in the pantry. The ants left and we haven't seen any for over a week. (01/13/2008)

By Paul Burton

Ant Deterrent

The reason you are not seeing ants around the dryer sheets is because they are very toxic. Unless you do not mind having the chemicals around your food, I say, brilliant it works. Otherwise, steer clear. (05/14/2008)

By Angela

Ant Deterrent

I did time in state prison 15 years ago. We often had ants get into our lockers into our food stuff. We took ben-gay or icy hot and smeared it around the areas they came in. Other times I took the tobacco, soaked it in small bag with water, then I poke hole in it and used it for insecticide. I never had any problem after that with any bugs. (07/21/2008)

By Gayle