Apple Green Eggplant (Ca Phao Muoi)
Vote for this contest contender!
This is a good side dish to eat with your soup or rice.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 30
- 2 lb apple green eggplant
- 3 Tbsp salt
- 3 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp ground fresh chili paste
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic
- Wash apple green eggplant. Cut into thin pieces to soak into salt water (use 2 tablespoon) for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes in salted water, wash apple green eggplants well and then drain water. Put the sliced apple green eggplants into a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon sugar to make the apple green eggplants more crunchy and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Get a bowl and add 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vinegar and 2 tablespoon sugar and mix together. Peel garlic cloves and add chili paste.
- Now get the apple green eggplant that you set aside, and put it in a clean jar. Add all the liquid juice you just made and allow the apple green eggplant to marinate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- You typically eat this with soup, rice, or as a side dish. It does not need to be eaten all at once, you can refrigerate for up to a week.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!