Roasted Eggplant Spread
All you need to make this delicious roasted eggplant dip or spread is oil, eggplant, onion, and garlic. It is easy to make and versatile to serve as a dip for veggies, or spread it on toast or a sandwich. This page contains photos and step by step instructions for preparing this recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love this recipe as it only has veggies and oil and so easy to make. You can use it as a dip, as a spread on toast or in your sandwiches. It's very versatile!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1/2 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F or use the top rack of the broiler. Place eggplant on a lined baking sheet, toss with 1 teaspoon of the oil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Flip once at some point in the middle of baking.
- Chop onions and cook in a pan on medium heat with 1 teaspoon of oil for a few minutes. Onions should be browned on the edges.
- Chop the garlic, add remaining teaspoon of oil to the pan and cook for about a minute, stirring constantly until all is caramelized.
- Add onions and garlic to cooked eggplant in a large bowl or blender. Puree until creamy. I used an emersion blender in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with veggie strips, bread, or spread in your sandwich. Enjoy!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.