Roasted Eggplant Dip and Spread
I love this recipe as it only has veggies and oil and so easy to make. You can use it as a dip, as a spread on toast or in your sandwiches. It's very versatile!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1/2 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F or use the top rack of the broiler. Place eggplant on a lined baking sheet, toss with 1 teaspoon of the oil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Flip once at some point in the middle of baking.
- Chop onions and cook in a pan on medium heat with 1 teaspoon of oil for a few minutes. Onions should be browned on the edges.
- Chop the garlic, add remaining teaspoon of oil to the pan and cook for about a minute, stirring constantly until all is caramelized.
- Add onions and garlic to cooked eggplant in a large bowl or blender. Puree until creamy. I used an emersion blender in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with veggie strips, bread, or spread in your sandwich. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!