Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Babysitting Activity Ideas

1 0EmailFollow
Pin It
A girl babysitting two children.

Having planned activities for the children when you babysit can help make it a positive experience for everyone. This is a guide about babysitting activity ideas.

Here are questions related to Babysitting Activity Ideas.

Question: Fun Babysitting Activities

I am babysitting a 4 year old boy and a & year old girl tomorrow for 13 hours. They are tired of my ideas, please help. We have done playdoh, painting, facepaint bear caves (decorating paper cups), forts, movies, baking, water fights, pretend, nail polish, cars, dolls, and pipe cleaner bottles. Please help.

By Callie C.

Most Recent Answer

By ItalianPear [1]06/26/2014

Here are some websites to find ideas.
www.first-school.ws
dltk-kids.com
-A trip to a local playground or park can also kill time, especially when combined with blowing bubbles, scavenger hunts for various animals/insects/plants/flower, or swings.
-Have the kids get into their swimsuits and play with the graden hose or waterguns. You could also fill up water balloons.
-Have the kids get their favorite books (or pick out you own) design props and act out the stories. Good Luck!

Question: Babysitting Activities for 5 and 7 Year Old Girls

I'm 15 and I'm watching a 5 year old girl and a 7 year old girl from 4pm to 11pm. What fun activities should I do with them?

By Kayleigh

Best Answer

By Louise B. [5]04/05/2014

Kids love to play dress up. That would be a fun thing. If they don't have things that they can use, go through your own closets and your mom's for things like skirts, old dresses, vests, scarves, long strings of beads, old high heels, etc. Playing dressup and let's pretend is a great thing.

I also think that you should be able to take the girls outside to a park or playground every day, as long as the weather is suitable. Fresh air and exercise are very important. Play catch, frisbee, soccer, with them, or just let them play on playground equipment. You could take them for bike rides, if they have bikes and can ride them.

Another great outdoor fun activity is blowing bubbles. You can look on the internet for recipes (mostly just dish detergent, I think) , and ways to make a giant bubble maker. If not, just a bottle of bubbles that likely costs about $1 from the dollar store will provide hours of fun.

Be sure to read to the girls every day. Most kids are not read to enough. You could maybe incorporate a trip to the library once a week to pick up books for reading. If the 7 year old has reading to do every day from school, you could do that as well. There is no need for this not to be a fun time! Treat it like a special time rather than as a chore.

You could teach the girls how to make their own snacks in the kitchen -- cutting up fruit, making instant pudding, setting a table and having a nice "tea party" like atmosphere to after school snack. Alternately, you could take some snacks and make a picnic out of it, even if you just have juice and cookies out in the back yard. My babysitter did that with my kids, and they loved it.

You could do little art projects with them as well. There are many inexpensive things you could do -- play doh made from home made recipes that you could find on the net, colouring eggs for easter (get permission from the mom for this, of course), using whatever art supplies they have at home to paint pictures or draw.

Question: Babysitting Activity Ideas

I'm babysitting tomorrow and I need some ideas for some activities i can do. There are 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl, (youngest to oldest boys ages- 3,6,8, girl- 11).
If you have any suggestions, that would be great!

By Caitlin r

Most Recent Answer

By brookegirl [1]08/24/2014

art and outdoor is what I liked hen I was a kid I also had brothers those ages

Question: Activity Ideas for Babysitting

I would like your advice on what activities I should do when I babysit two girls? They are 8 and 10, but the ten year old had a tumor removed from her head. I am not sure what types of activities I could do with both of them. Please help me.

By Montana U.

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. [5]10/06/2013

Most girls like to do some sort of craft idea. Beading, making friendship bracelets, etc come to mind. See if you have things left over from when you were young or look online or at the library for craft activities made with recycled objects, so that your cost will be very low. Maybe things like easy origami projects or paperbag puppets or popsicle stick projects would be suitable.

Question: Crafts for Young Children

What are some things both a one year old and 3 year old would enjoy?

By Kaylyn K.

Most Recent Answer

By fancy61 [5]08/05/2013

A package of plastic easter eggs that can be purchased from the dollar store can be used to play hide the egg. My grand daughter loves to do this. Eggs can be hidden in the house or outside whichever is best according to the weather. This is her favorite.

Question: Babysitting Activities

What fun stuff can you do with a 5 year old and a 7 year old?

By Ally

Most Recent Answer

By Eva [2]07/03/2013

I made a fun "campsite" in my living room one rainy day. We took a folding table & draped a quilt over that, my great grandson has a small tent which we put against the table end. They pretended that was their camper. We took a cooling rack with legs & that was their camp stove. I let them use my battery powered lantern inside. We gathered up stuff from the kitchen for cooking utensils & they had a really good time. I wanted to do it on the back deck but it rained. You could have a wading pool out there. The possibilities are endless!

Question: Activities When Babysitting a Five Year Old

I'm babysitting a 5 year old girl from 10:00am to 8:00pm every single day. She has gotten bored with most things we do, so I need something creative and I prefer it to be inside, because it's way too hot.

By Dianeis R.

Most Recent Answer

07/31/2013

Do a puzzle together. Not only will this keep kids busy for a while, it keeps their energy at a controllable level  which makes it a great activity for before bedtime.
Regardless of what you plan to do, check with the parents first and make sure you have their approval.

Question: Ideas for Activities When Babysitting 7 Year Old Girl

My mom and her friend Lisa are having a girls night out and I am watching Lisa's daughter. I am eleven years old and we live with my grandparents and they would be right downstairs along with my three other siblings. The little girl's name is Gabriella. I was wondering if you had any tips on what kind of games and activities I could do with her?

She is 7 years old and loves girly stuff, I thought maybe makeovers with my "BIG GIRL STUFF" as my little sisters and their friends call it. Lisa has known my mom from home school groups, so she knows me pretty well and obviously trusts me. I will be charging her $5.00 for the night since this is my first time. But I want Ella to go home wanting me to babysit her again. So please feel free to post your thoughts on this. Also, if you know any small things I can do to maybe earn me some tips!

Mackenzie from Millington, TN

Most Recent Answer

By El08/18/2010

Whenever I babysit for my 7 yr old "girly" neighbor, we always make bracelets and necklaces out of beads, she also loves to play dress up fashion show, and all kids love arts and crafts. Baking is always fun as well. if its a nice day, we go on a bike ride or a walk, or we can throw a frisbee outside.

Solutions: Babysitting Activity Ideas

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!