Baking Soda Paste for Bug Bites

Iif you want to save lots of dollars to remedy bug bites, just make a paste out of water and baking soda. Something about this combination draws out the irritant from the bug bites. Very green and natural solution to bug bite discomfort!

By Claire J. from San Francisco

This is also great for bee or wasp stings. My mom used it on me a lot as a kid! =)

I am a 70 yr old mother of 3 gandmother of 9 and stepgrand mother to 9 and great grand mother of 6 and in my First Aid box I have kept Snuff, Vicks, Credit card & Soda. The snuff, if you wet it with your saliva, makes a past it's good for ant, Wasp and Bees stings. Vicks works about the same but add cuts on that list. Credit card is to get the stinger out and soda to take the soreness out. Just add Bandaids and you have all that you need in one handy place.

I tried everything for mosquito bites on a recent trip to Africa, and the only thing that worked was a paste of baking soda.

Mosquito Bite Remedies
Mosquito Bite Remedies
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 13, 2011
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water