Deodorant for Itching from Mosquito Bites

I had a lot of mosquito bites and the itching was driving me crazy. A friend told me to rub deodorant on them and I figured it was worth a try. To my surprise, the itching went away instantly. For some reason you have to use the white kind, the clear kind does not work. An inexpensive way to keep those bites from itching.

Source: From a friend

By Mythi from Poulsbo, WA

Great tip! =)

Another good way is dampen a cotton ball with white vinegar and put on the mosquito bite. Stops the itching too.

Any particular type of deodorant?

This works! I did a quick search for my daughter. She was miserable. She put it on, came back in and said "Rate this as a 5!"

It may sound odd, but I've discovered that Preparation H gel or cream takes away the itch and swelling from bites. I've used it for years and have told allot of people about it and now they too use it. Don't use the ointment as it smells and is leaves greasy marks. I hope this helps someone else who suffers badly from the itching and swelling of nasty bites.

I randomly started putting deodorant on my skin because I believed I smelt bad!! I was also covered in mosquito bites. I used gel deodorant and it worked great! Still haven't figured out how or why but I will be using this tip from now on!